Monday 8 December 2014

Vacation in Goa



Hello Everybody,
Today I am going to be writing about my trip to Goa.We went to Goa because my birthday was on the horizon.

November 25th : Train to Goa

We were going to Madgaon and from there we'd be catching a taxi to Vagator.The train left Bangalore at 2:45 pm ....It was a 16 hour journey from Bangalore, and was  very uncomfortable and stuffy. We travelled by AC class but the AC wasn't that great. I found it very difficult to sleep.


November 26th:

We reached Madgaon at 6:45 AM and caught the connecting train to Thivum. From Thivum  we caught a prepaid taxi to the room at Bethany Inn, Vagator. We ate breakfast at The Mango Tree. Then in the evening we went to the Anjuna Flea Market.
 




November 27th:

The next day we ate breakfast  at a new restaurant called Jaws. The food was awesome. I had a continental breakfast and the fried eggs that came along with it were sensational. After that we packed some sandwiches, muffins and steak pies from Jaws for lunch on the beach.We then headed towards the beach. Dad and I went paragliding that day. It was a lot of fun.










November 28th:

 We woke up nice and early to go snorkeling. There was a taxi waiting to pick us up. Before we joined the crew we had breakfast at a bakery at Candolim. Burgers and rolls and  I don"t know wh
at not. When we left the docks, about an hour in we saw dolphins. An hour later, the  crew announced that they had caught a squid. Everyone on the boat (passengers) took turns holding it including me.  Later on , they took us to  a little cove where we went snorkeling. I did it for about 10 - 20 minutes and then came out because I was feeling tired. I was then handed a fishing thread and tried my hand at it. Unfortunately no luck.They then took us to an island to have a barbecue lunch. I thought the food was adequate to say the least. The jacket potatoes on the other hand were a total hit.


November 29th:

We visited Chapora fort, or I should say we struggled up a steep hill to the fort. It had a clear view on all sides to the land or coasts below. I can imagine the soldiers able to spot approaching enemies in the distant past. Then we returned to the room and relaxed. At around 5:30 PM we left to eat dinner at Souza Lobo, which was highly recommended to us by the locals. Then we went to Mackies Saturday Night Bazaar.We wandered between the stalls trying to strike a good bargain.It was great fun bargaining with the shopkeepers. Seth and I used our pocket money to buy some gifts. There was live band playing Konkan music, Goan songs and other best hits. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the bazaar and we left from there around 1 a.m..

November 30th :

Bike ride to Panjim and Old Goa. We had breakfast at Jaws before we left. We stopped over at  a restaurant in Panjim  called Route 66. The food was really tasty. We also visited two churches Dom Bascillia  and Salvadore dos Mundo. After that we rode back to Bethany Inn with major butt aches. We were exhausted.

December 1st :



My birthday! I had a grand breakfast at Jaws which ended with a birthday cake. Then we went to Morjim beach. At about 4:30 PM the taxi which was going to drop us off at the football match came by. By the time we got into the stadium, it was twenty minutes into the game. The seats we had booked were taken and we had to kneel (it was bit like doing penance). However, it was an exhilarating experience, and I loved the sheer energy and atmosphere of the crowd.  Goa won 3-0 against Northeast. Loved it!




December 2nd :

We had breakfast at Jaws and went to Small Vagator Beach. We had lunch at the Fish Tail restaurant. We then hired boogie boards from the Sports Club on the Beach. Dad also arranged for Surfing lessons from the owner who was Swedish.





December 3rd:
We went to Little Vagator Beach. to learn how to surf. It was quite tough, and I managed to learn how to get on my knees, which believe me is quite an accomplishment. Seth was too scared to let go of the board, but he did try. We then ate at Kumar's, and I felt that the food wasn't that great. After that I went to do a few rounds of boxing (boxing the boxing bag). Then Dad, Seth and I went boogie boarding.











December 4th:

We had breakfast at Jaws and then we went to the beach for the whole day. We had lunch at Kumar's. After that we returned to Bethany Inn, had a bath and had dinner at Jaws. The next day we would be leaving for Bangalore. Seth and I tried convincing Mum and Dad to extend our trip by a few more days. No luck!

December 5th :

We had breakfast at Jaws, and caught a taxi all the way to Madgaon station. We then caught the train from Madgaon to Bangalore.

For all those who wish to visit somewhere exciting, especially for kids and teenagers, Goa is definitely a place I would recommend.

Cade Manuel

6 comments:

  1. Excellent update.....makes me want to pack my bags and head to Goa right away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent narration, Cade! I liked the way you have explained in a chronological order, all the while making us believe that we too were probably there with you folks...and I hope your dad is more lenient in extending your holidays by a couple of days more, the next time you venture out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb write up Cade. Would definitely refer to your journal before visiting Goa. Wish you many more exciting moments to write about..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow....!! I think i should pay a visit to GOA in near Future ;)

    Excellent write up about every minute detail..

    Be expressive ;)
    Enjoy!! :D

    ReplyDelete