Wednesday 25 February 2015

Poetry Month


Hello Everyone,

It has been an interesting month for me in Literature. I have been exploring various poems, learning about rhyme schemes and sequences and poets.

Personally, I was never fond of poetry and much prefer fiction, but this month I explored poetry with mum and dad and understood that poets leave a lot unsaid and hanging in the air. It was for me to figure out and sometimes the poet leaves us with many options to chose from in the meaning of his message.

I chose Sympathy as my favourite of the ones I read because I feel the poet described slavery so well in his analogy of the caged bird. I learned about slavery in History and watched Selma so it sort of connected the dots.

Hope you enjoy my recitation of Sympathy in the video below:


4 comments:

  1. Very well recited Cade. I could relate to it through many women that I know in conventional households. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunty im currently working on it

      Delete
  2. Cade, dad and I are so proud of how hard you have worked and so well at your various genres of Literature. Lovely pronunciation and pacing and pausing in your recitation of Sympathy. Way to go! 😊

    ReplyDelete